Ultimate File Manager is designed for Microsoft Windows platform and is distributed as an installer, which is written in NSIS. The installer is simple and intuitive. Installer copies all required files and configures the system properly (you can use both normal and portable installation). Ultimate File Manager can be run on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Installer is distributed in two versions - Lite and Full (Lite version contains basic external applications and Full version contains all applicatins).
The power of Ultimate File Manager is appropriately configured file manager that is enriched with the best plug-ins to extend its functionality and carefully selected external programs. Ultimate File Manager allows you to select the appropriate file manager, applications and plugins at the installation stage. It is easy thanks to detailed description of each component and intuitive interface.
Ultimate File Manager consists of the following components (depending on the selected file manager):
- Applications - the best and most useful free applications integrated with Ultimate File Manager,
- Plugins - the most popular and most useful plug-ins integrated with Ultimate File Manager,
- Extended main menu - additional options and additional features,
- Extended button bars - additional button bars for system settings and applications,
- Quick directory menu - access to the most needed folders, the ability to run file system plugins,
- Predefined custom columns - allows you to display custom information based on categories,
- Predefined file names colors - allows you to colorize file names depending on its type (extension),
- Predefined search patterns - allows you to search for specific files (files, directories, by extension),
- Predefined selection patterns - allows you to select files of a specific type (files, directories, by extension),
- Predefined list of ignored files - allows you to hide unwanted files in the list (disabled by default),
- Additional keyboard shortcuts - makes work easier and faster,
- Ultimate File Manager supports multi-language interface - there are currently few supported languages,
- UFM installer (in normal installation mode) allows full integration with Windows Explorer - you can create shortcuts on your desktop, in the start menu, in the quick launch bar, you can pin the UFM icon in the start menu as well as in the taskbar. You can add a shortcut to the context menu of folders, files, and drives. You will create the appropriate entries in the Windows registry,
- UFM installer (in normal installation mode) allows you to use the AutoPlay feature - you can open portable media, CDs (DVDs), music, movies, photos and more in Ultimate File Manager,
- UFM installer (in normal installation mode) allows you to use autostart with Windows - you can run Ultimate File Manager with the startup of the Windows operating system.
Ultimate File Manager is completely free (but it depends on chosen File Manager and installed components). UFM installer allows you to install one of two file managers - Total Commander (shareware) or Multi Commander (freeware). By choosing Total Commander you have to bear in mind that you have to buy a license to use it. However, you can use Multi Commander, which is completely free (you can only do this in Ultimate File Manager!).
Total Commander® is the best File Manager for Windows (formerly known as Windows Commander). It has two fixed windows side by side (like a well-known file manager for DOS). The aim of the program is to put you in total control of your files. Total Commander comes in different versions for multiple platforms (it is also available for mobile devices - primarily Android and Windows Phone).
Total Commander is shareware. If you use the program for longer than one month, you are expected to register it (the unregistered program is fully functional. Unregistered users only have to click one of three buttons to dismiss a nag screen at start-up). Registration includes all future updates (until further notice), provided that you get the latest version yourself by downloading it. Total Commander for Windows comes in three different versions (32-bit, 64-bit and 16-bit).
Multi Commander is a great alternative to Total Commander. This is a File Manager for the Windows platform that uses the popular and powerful two-panel interface. Multi Commander has everything you need in your daily work with files to increase speed and performance. Most importantly, the program is completely free!
Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager and is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout. Multi Commander has everything you need in your daily work with files to increase your speed and efficiency.
Multi Commander has all the standard features that any file manager has, like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commander's big strengths are the special features that allow you to accomplish advanced tasks with ease. Tasks such as auto-unpacking, auto-sorting, browsing inside archives, editing the Windows Registry and accessing FTP, searching for and viewing files and pictures. There is also powerful, built-in scripting support that allows you automate many tasks and expand its functionality. It allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcuts so that you can work quickly and efficiently. Multi Commander for Windows comes in two different versions (32-bit, 64-bit).
Ultimate File Manager supports multi-language interface. If you want, you can help translate UFM project components into your own language. Remember that it takes some time and patience. However, if you are determined just let me know. Please, write where you live and what language you are using. I will send you all the required files and give you all the necessary information. Thanks for any help.
The following languages are currently supported:
- Polish (Poland)
- English (USA)
- Chinese (People's Republic of China) - Dreamy Mung aka efree
- Spanish (Cuba) - Delmis Wilfredo Carbonell Laborde